Flickr geotagged photo metadata downloader plugin for QGIS 3
This plugin lets you to download the metadata of geotagged public photographs in Flickr of a given geographic quadrangle (defined by boundary latitudes/longitudes).
To use the plugin you need to obtain a Flickr API key here:
- Download and unzip this package to QGIS 3 plugins folder:
- (Re-)start QGIS
- Go to Plugin Manager (remember to check “Show also experimental plugins”) and enable ‘Flickr Metadata Downloader’
- (Obtain a Flickr API key)
- (Create a Spatialite database file in QGIS)
- Start Flickr Metadata Downloader from Web menu. Select the database file, set the API key, change the table name (if you want)
- Set the bounding latitudes/longuitudes of the area to download
- Press “Start”
- The result is a new Spatialite table with point geometries
Classification of photos based on visiting intervals
The “Create user and interval tables” function groups the photos of each user into intervals.
You can set the minimum gap between intervals, and the limits of various interval types.
This function can be used to differentiate photos of short-term and long-term visitors as well as locals.